The Research Festival is the time in the year when the whole M3C community comes together in one space to share, network, present and perform. Each year we are blown away by your contributions and we hope that this year’s event will be another success!
This event is the perfect opportunity to showcase your research or an element of your doctoral training experience in the welcoming and supportive environment of the DTP.
The 2019 Midlands3Cities Research Festival will be held on 23 May at Maple House (etc. Venues), 150 Corporation Street, Birmingham B4 6TB.
How to Participate:
Consider presenting a poster that clearly describes your research, or presenting an aspect of your research including practice based research and performance in a research relay, or through a digital story. Your research has the potential to have impact, participating will raise your profile and help you develop key communication and presentation skills, network with other researchers and build your profile.
Attendance is mandatory and the programme provides plenty of opportunity for everyone to participate including:
• Poster: produce a poster (A1) of an aspect of your research, your work with a partner organisation, a placement you have completed or some of your research findings in a clear and creative way for a public audience.
• A research relay presentation: this is a fast paced series (relay) of 5 minute talks on a subject connected to your research, your methodology, research findings, a CDF, your placement or work with a partner organisation.
• Photography, art or other installations to display in the exhibition space.
• Performance piece: music recital, drama, dance or poetry reading.
• Digital storytelling: if you would like to produce a short film this will be incorporated in to the research relays.
We invite all M3C students who would like to present at the festival to complete the call for papers form by Friday 15 February. The planning group need an indication of how you will participate by this deadline to enable them to design a programme which will accommodate all participants.