The Conference will critically examine the progress that must be made to ensure that all people, no matter who they are, are 'free and equal' and will include keynote addresses from the following experts:
• Professor Michael O'Flaherty, Director, EU Agency for Fundamental Rights
• Mr Arvind Narrain, Geneva Director, ARC International
• Professor Javaid Rehman, Professor of Law, Brunel University
• Ms Joanna Whiteman, Co-Director, Equal Rights Trust
• Professor Stephen Whittle, Professor of Equalities Law, Manchester Metropolitan University
As in previous years, attendees will be able to attend student panels and hear postgraduate students present their research on the conference topic.
This year we are also pleased to announce that we will be introducing a more interactive aspect to the conference. The afternoon will consist of two workshops where attendees will be able to put into practice what they have learnt from the day, network with fellow guests and learn about advocacy strategies from practitioners:
Workshop 1 will focus on LGBT+ advocacy and lobbying strategies at national and international level - lead by Mr Paul Dillane, Executive Director of Kaleidoscope Trust
Workshop 2 will focus on LGBT+ communication and awareness raising strategies – lead by Out in Education
Please find more information on our website and follow us on social media: @UoNHRLC (Twitter) and @UoN_HRLC (Instagram).