Our vision is to:
- Deliver a high quality and innovative programme of subject-specific and interdisciplinary postgraduate research training and skills development in a world-class research environment that will enhance and develop the abilities of our graduates, deepen the intellectual, cultural and economic impact of postdoctoral activities, and provide the foundation for research leadership in the twenty-first century
- Enrich the doctoral experience of theoretical and practice-led research by integrating the complementary strengths of all our universities via integrated supervision, training and developmental activities and through the shared expertise of the M3C DTP's research communities and pooled resources and facilities
- Focus on experiential learning as a means of developing and embedding skills that will enhance career mobility
- Maximise the impact of doctoral research on the creative economy and embed knowledge exchange activities within the researcher life cycle by strengthening the links between six universities and their local, regional, national and international partner organisations
How will we deliver our vision?
We combine and share the intellectual infrastructure of arts and humanities across six universities to provide:
- Excellent supervision
- An innovative training programme grounded in strong Arts and Humanities research
- An integrated research infrastructure on the VPP
- Open access to facilities for all DTP students, and
- A focus on experiential learning as a means of developing and embedding skills that will enhance career mobility
Most importantly, by joining with creative industry partners and employers, we will ensure that M3C graduates have the skills that equip them for careers in academia and across the creative economy.