hare your practice, thinking and writing with other practice-based doctoral candidates at a 2-day event, focused on supporting practice-based research at doctoral level across the Midlands.
This event is open to all practice-based research doctoral students at De Montfort University and those on a Midlands 3 Cities scholarships across Leicester, Birmingham and Nottingham. It has been designed to share, discuss, test and evaluate your practice-based research in a critically supportive and enhancing environment.
Activities across the 2 days include talks, discussion groups, workshops and practice sharings;
- Keynote lectures from internationally prominent figures in practice-based research (PbR)
- Discussion groups about the nature of PbR and the role of the artefact in knowledge generation
- Presentation and sharing of PbR work
- Workshops around dramaturgical approaches to PbR
- Workshops around the creation of a PbR Cookbook - developing methods, processes and techniques
Organised by CTx and Institute of Creative Technologies, in partnership with Practice-Based Research Doctoral Training Programme (DMU) and Midlands 4 Cities.
Register a place via https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/practice-based-research-doctoral-intensive-tickets-59044814630. (Deadline 10th May 2019)